This exhibition is another wonderful opportunity for individual artists to be chosen for the Island2Island Art exhibition in spring 2023 responding to the title:
We are looking for a total of maximum 40 works that respond to the theme of living and working in an island or across islands and artistic aspirations and messages that stem from local influences and relationships.
How would you interpret the title 'I2I Looking Beyond'?
Is it I2I in the way of looking at things?
Is it I2I in terms of looking at yourself?
Is it I2I in terms of talking to yourself?
Is it about 'Looking Beyond' generalisation and making a bold statement?
However you would like to interpret it, we would love to hear from you and see your ideas come to life...
- 2D artworks that can be hung on a single nail or heavy-weight picture hook
- Works no larger than 3.5ft x 3.5ft (80 x 80 cm) to allow for easy shipping
- 3D artworks no larger than 2.5ft x 2ft in diameter (76 x 60 cm) to allow for easy shipping
- All artworks must have been created in 2021/2022
- Artists can submit up to 3 artworks for consideration - however only one artwork per artist will be selected
- Sketches and proposals will be considered, but artworks must be ready for the date of the exhibition
- Artworks must be accompanied by an introductory brief of the artwork and the artist biography no longer than 500 words.
- There is a participation fee of £30 to pay after selection and acceptance of offer of partecipation
- Deadline for Application: 30 November 2022
- Notification of selected artworks: 31 January 2023
- The exhibition will take place in spring 2023 in the United Kingdom and/or Sardinia.
- A virtual gallery of the works will also be open
There is a participation fee of £30.00 once selected to this exhibition.
To apply for a place within the exhibition please complete this form and send a pdf file with a maximum of 3 high quality images of your artworks (or ideas) for consideration. Include artworks' description and relevancy to the theme (max 500 words) and artist's biography (max 500 words).
Please also ensure you include full captions of your work:
Rules and Regulations
- All works must be original art works created in 2021/2022 and with a certificate of authentication available if sold
- There is a participation fee of £30.00 payable on selection to the exhibition to cover administrative and printing costs
- Each artist must deliver their own artwork, hang ready on the given dates following instructions by the curatorial team
- Each artist must arrange for their own insurance policies to cover their artworks during shipping and the run of the exhibition
- Shipping to/from the gallery and to the buyer if the work is sold is covered by the artist. Island2IslandArt takes no responsibility on shipping and artworks conditions.
- Artists must cover their own costs to participate/ attend the private view/ exhibition
- There is a 20% commission fee for sold artworks to consider when you are pricing your work
By submitting this application you confirm you are in agreement with the information, dates, fees, and rules and regulations above.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications that don't adhere to these requirements will not be accepted
For further information please get in touch with us: